If you own a salon or spa, or you are an independent beauty professional, it’s high time to kick your Mother’s Day salon or spa marketing plan into full gear!
- Update website landing page with images of Mother’s Day before and after makeovers, Mother’s Day gift baskets or Mother’s Day themed gift cards and post links to:
- Create signage for merchandise display area/s, station talkers, point of sale, waiting area.
- Send e-mail reminding clients that Mother’s Day is Monday, May 13, 2012 and listing your top 3 Mother’s Day gift options; consider extending an e-mail only codeword for free add-on or early-bird Mother’s Day gift sales.
- Purchase t-shirts for staff or “flair” buttons for staff to wear saying, “Ask me about our Mother’s Day special!”
- Post an article on your blog about Mother’s Day, such as the history of Mother’s Day, famous moms in history, a story about your own mom or your favorite Mother’s Day gift, etc. that also includes a note about the gift options you are offering for Mother’s Day this year.
- Create scripts for staff to help them start conversations about Mother’s Day behind the chair or at the point of purchase. Make sure staff know that the point is to make it easy and convenient for customers to purchase gifts for Mother’s Day (like how a grocery store cashier will sometimes helpfully ask if you need stamps!)
- Once every day, post a note on social media to give people a head’s up that Mother’s Day is on Sunday, May 13, 2012 and list a top Mother’s Day gift option, a customer quote or rave about a product included in the offer, pictures of before and after Mom makeovers, the history of Mother’s Day, “did you know…” style information about Mother’s day or famous moms, etc.Use your blog, email newsletter and social media status updates to remind your audience that Mother’s Day is coming up quickly and now is the time to buy!
With just one final week to promote your Mother’s Day gift options, remember that many people will also be shopping at the last minute. Promote your salon or spa’s Mother’s Day gift options as perfect “last minute” gift options by way of postcard mailer, special dedicated Mother’s Day email, your blog, website and social media networks.